Information about Quito - Ecuador
Quito is the capital of Ecuador, it is the second city of the country in size and economic and commercial importance. It is surrounded by the Pichincha volcano and two peaks, Ruco and Guagua.Declared by UNESCO as CULTURAL HERITAGE OF HUMANITY and winner of the World Travel Awards in the years 2.013 and 2.014 as the Leading Destination of South America, The largest and best preserved historic center in America. The New Mariscal Sucre Airport is located 45 to 60 minutes from the city.
- Quito is located at 2,800 meters (9,350 feet) above sea level.
- The population is 2'200,000 inhabitants.
- The official language is Spanish, however in hotels and tourist places you will find people who speak English and other languages.
- The official currency is the US Dollar.
- The electric current is 120Wolts.
- The temperature throughout the year fluctuates between 10 degrees Celsius (55 Fahrenheit), early in the morning and during the day rises to 25 degrees Celsius (77 Fahrenheit).