About Quito, Ecuador
Quito is the capital of Ecuador, is the second biggest city of the country and first in economic and commercial importance. It is surrounded by the Pichincha volcano and two peaks , Ruco and Guagua .Declared by UNESCO as a CULTURAL HERITAGE and winner of the World Travel Awards in the years 2013 and 2014 as leader destination in South America, has the largest and best preserved historic center in America.The New Mariscal Sucre Airport , is located at 45-60 minutes from the city .
- Quito is located at 2,800 meters (9,350 feet) above sea level.
- The population is 2’200.000 inhabitants.
- The official language is Spanish, however in hotels and tourist sites you will find people who speak English and other languages .
- The official currency is the US dollar .
- The electric current is 120Woltios .
- The year-round temperature ranges from 10 degrees Celsius (55 Fahrenheit ) early in the morning and during the day rises to 25 degrees Celsius (77 Fahrenheit).